private flood insurance

We are making a construction permanent (C-P) loan where the home will be located in a Special Flood Hazard Zone. Are we required to escrow for flood insurance during the construction phase?

Answer: Because the overall term of the C-P loan is greater than 12 months, you are required to escrow for flood insurance. The fact that the construction phase is 12 months or less is irrelevant. This means that you must require flood insurance at consummation.

Do You Need Compliance Help?

We’re here to review your current compliance strategy and help you find A Better Way to manage risk.



Email for Non-Confidential Information Only

[email protected]

Office Location

2021 Midwest Road, Suite 200,
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Endorsed By