Join Brian Crow, TCA’s Managing Partner, for an information-packed session on the latest developments in the cannabis industry and what they mean for your BSA Program.
This is a high-risk topic that continues to evolve. Laws and regulations change, they vary by state, and there’s even inconsistency between the federal and state laws.
Examiners are evaluating risk assessments, policies, procedures, and processes to ensure that your institution is properly equipped to manage the risks associated with cannabis-related businesses.
Even if your Board of Directors decided not to provide services to the cannabis industry, you still need to be able to recognize the red flags and understand your due diligence requirements to be able to identify those looking to circumvent your controls.
During this 90-minute webinar, Brian will cover:
- Evolution of federal and state law for marijuana, hemp, and their derivatives
- Differences between “direct” and “indirect” marijuana-related businesses
- FinCEN Guidance from 2014-2020
- USDA requirements for hemp producers
- FDA oversight of hemp and CBD oil
- Due diligence requirements for onboarding and monitoring cannabis-related customers
- SAR filing requirements for cannabis-related customers